12.31.2010

Before I head out to ring in the New Year I have decided to enjoy some quite time with my thoughts.


There is something about the end of each year that gives people hope. This idea of a fresh start is appeasing to us all. The possibilities that lie ahead for us in the new year keeps us on our toes for at least the first couple of months. Naturally, closing in on this this year has got me reflecting and so I've been thinking, if life were easy, the world would probably be a much nicer place to live. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Life isn’t easy. I’m not quite sure it would be so fun if it were. There is something to be said about all the obstacles we encounter throughout our journey. 2010 was a good year. A year I am grateful for having lived and experienced. In all honesty though, it was exhausting. I was tested, tried, and pushed to the limit. At the end of 2009 I gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl, but boy did life get tough after the excitement wore off. As if being the parents of one child isn’t enough to stress any one individual, two can be quite mind boggling. Here I am, “wife,” mother of two, still young but close enough to 30 I can taste it, ambitious, super driven, impatient, and hard-headed. Juggling motherhood, being a partner to an extremely busy man, mixed with frustration and impatience, all of which are tackled while in a pair of heels, calls for a ridiculous amount of breakdowns. You see, I have to let you in on a little secret, I am a perfectionist! I grew up as an only child and have always been use to getting what I want, when I want, and having time for it all. Being a wife and mother changes that completely. Nothing is really about me anymore. Finding time to enjoy moments of silence come every so often, nights out with Tig are almost slim to none. Dinners with girlfriends have gone from once a week to once every month. You see, I’m ok with this. Mr. Tig and I make do with the time and moments we do get. I love the time we spend with one another after the kids have fallen asleep. A many nights cozying up on the couch, sipping wine, enjoying one another’s company, and what would this all be without Netflix, ha!?! I also have a great set of girlfriends who take whatever time I can give them {I do make sure to find time for them because what are we without our friends!} It’s all the other stuff that drives me crazy! I want to enjoy a few moments each morning with my favorite blogs while sipping {not chugging} a cup of coffee, I want MORE time for the gym, I want a clean-organized house ALWAYS, I want more than anything, TIME to pursue the little endeavors my insides are screaming to get started. I know that when I decided to become a mother I made a decision to sacrifice a HUGE part of myself. I know that as my little ones get older things will get easier {and harder in ways I’ve yet to learn.} I try my best to savor each moment, to not take things for granted but this can be difficult when you are an impatient, feisty little thing. Lesson to be learned….Life is an endless job! There will never be enough time for everything. This year, I promise to start viewing life like the piece of art it is. A work in the making. Each year symbolizing only another set of strokes. I can only look forward to the reveal of this grand master piece…a life well lived! A life much enjoyed! A life filled with good health and an enormous amount of love!
Here is to 2011!



Images:
***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...