10.11.2010

This past Saturday we threw a B'not Mitzvah. We originally planned for it to be held in a tent on our client's estate but instead it took place at a Country Club in Long Grove, Illinois. Naturally our clients feared we'd have horrible weather. I mean it is Chicago for goodness sake. Instead of rain we ended up with 80 degree weather. I must admit that one of the biggest downsides of being an event planner---we have absolutely no control over the weather, hence contingency plans! The event ran quite smoothly and the white and purple palette was warm and inviting. The lounge inspired decor was fab and included custom designed sofas, ottomans, lucite chivari chairs and bar stools, fuchsia glass-top tables, twinkle lights, and paper flowers. Unfortunately my phone fell in the toilet at last weekend’s event and I am still learning the ins and outs of my replacement phone. I took pictures on this new phone of mine but have yet to figure out how to upload pictures onto my computer. As soon as I get them up I will share.

Aside from the great decor, the dress attire of our guests included a whole lot of sequin. I totally fell for a sequin skirt worn by a guest. Here are some sequin pieces that caught my eye, inspired by this past weekend’s event….



Sonnet Mini - J.Crew


Sequined Bell Skirt - J.Crew



Sequin Bustier Cotton Dress - Alice + Olivia



Silk-tulle Dress - Ann Sui



Crystal Encrusted Suede Pump - Christian Louboutin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...