3.20.2010

Hot Pink Stroller for my little Peach!

So I was thinking hot pink. Yes! Hot Pink! That is for the color of my princess peach's new stroller. I've been researching and researching for days now, not only on color and STYLE but on things of much more importance such as size, weight, accessibility, and features, all while taking into consideration things such as to purchase a jogging stroller or to not, etc. etc.

I've researched every brand from Maclaren to Bumbleride, Inglesina to Bugaboo, Mia Moda to Peg Perego, Quinny to Orbit.

So after some serious research and watching an excessive amount of "how to" videos, deciding to not on the jogging stroller and narrowing down my list of must haves to must be lightweight, compact, smooth rolling, quick and easy to open AND close (since I'm ALWAYS on the go), must have a seat that reclines, a great big canopy, storage space, and of course stylish and Hot Pink, I FINALLY found the stroller!

Ready...

Drum Roll.......

Can you tell I'm excited about by decision....


The City Mini by Baby Jogger
Retail price beginning at about $250

Yes! This 8" lightweight stroller is almost everything I am looking for except that it doesn't come in hot pink! I know... so sad, but it does come in red and cream and orange and a variety of other colors although I've decided to go red like the pic above shows.

The City Mini is said to, "Capture the essence of urban mobility, and its lightweight design makes it perfect for running errands or all day excursions in the urban jungle."

Hahaha...urban jungle (good ol' Chicago, it's definitely an urban jungle and I am always running errands or taking my little peach on all day excursions. Sounds like a perfect match, huh? Yes in deed!

So for all you mothers out there, here is a little more info on the stroller:

I'm buying mine at The Land of Nod but it can also be purchased on-line at Baby Jogger.

~It has a patented Quick-Fold Technology - allowing you to fold your stroller in one simple step
~Swivel front wheel for precise maneuverability can lock into place for long distance strolling
~8" lightweight, quick-release EVA wheels with sealed ball bearings
~Padded seat reclines to a near flat position with a vented seat top and retractable weather cover
~Patented universal accessory mounting bracket – accessorize your stroller with ease
~Large multi-position sun canopy with clear view windows
~Rounded handlebar for pushing comfort
~Front wheel suspension provides a smooth comfortable ride
~Seat back storage compartment
~Under seat storage basket
~Adjustable five-point safety harness with shoulder pads and buckle cover
~Rear parking brake
~Fold strap to keep stroller folded for transportation or storage
~50 lb. weight capacity on stroller

Here's a pic of what really sold me on it...how easily it folds up!



And, guess who owns one....



That's right, Halle Berry! I found this pic by accident when googling pics of the stroller for this post.

Also, I must and simply cannot go without mentioning Baby Gizmo . It is a baby product resource site, dedicated to researching, evaluating, testing, and rating baby products of ALL brands and prices. They provide "how to" videos for a lot of their products, which I find to be absolutely wonderful considering that I hate to read instructional manuals (I know it's horrible).
I accidentally came across the website while researching the "prefect stroller" for my little peach. It's a great resource, especially for the ultra-particular mother like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...