11.22.2010


Today we celebrate our little peach's 1st birthday! Just the four of us. a little cake. some homemade decorations. and sofie's "today I eat cake" birthday hat, bought for her before she was even born, by her Ma, to wear on her first birthday!


My Dearest Sofie,

Twelve months ago today our little family was blessed with your arrival. You came to us on a cool, sunny, Sunday morning. You woke me up around 5am as your little body embarked on its voyage down the birth canal, preparing to make quite the exit. Three hours, an ambulance ride, and a very beautiful and natural birth later, you arrived, in all your wonder. You were more beautiful than I had ever imagined, all 5lbs of your rosy little body. Instantaneously, I felt you fill the gap we weren’t even aware existed, but it must have been there all along because since your birth things have never seemed more whole. With your brother I was eager and often times impatient to experience each and every one of his milestones, but with time comes experience and knowledge. Since then, I have really come to understand exactly what people mean when they say “enjoy every moment because they grow up fast”.… actually, too fast. So with you, I try to savor each moment of everyday we spend together. There is not a day that goes by that I do not count my blessings. You are perfect in every way. I am inspired by your curiosity and your tenacity. You have a contagious laugh and a smile that melts my heart. For the past year I have been hard at work trying to set the foundation for a great, life-long relationship and friendship. I hope that we are, forever, as close as we are now.

You are ONE today my lovie! Happy Birthday! I love you!

Love, Mommy





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...